At RMT Robotics, we engineer, manufacture and integrate state-of-the-art gantry robotic systems designed to streamline the movement of materials in manufacturing and distribution. Celebrating 30 years of excellence, RMT leads the material handling industry in the application of robotic gantries to automate the sort, stage, pick, palletize and sequential distribution of work in process and finished goods products in a variety of industries worldwide.
At RMT we recognize that our true strength is in our people - people from different backgrounds, with different experiences and different ways of thinking. While we boast a global presence, our managers and employees work hard to maintain a "small company spirit". RMT provides an excellent working atmosphere and takes pride in having one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. That's because we encourage initiative and reward excellence. At RMT we are dedicated to our employees and provide opportunity for growth and development.
The Applications Developers will design, develop, test and implement robotic controls. They will work directly with internal engineering to troubleshoot, code, and implement changes in the testing, maintenance and support of established tools and programs.
The responsibilities of an Applications Developer include but are not limited to the design of machine control software and the programming of automation systems, using a wide array of commercially available software supplied by industrial control equipment manufactures. The Applications Developer will be required to program a variety of HMI's, database systems and automation systems. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to further themselves into a programmer for Robots, Servo Systems, Vision Systems, Barcode scanners and various other devices that RMT may come in contact with.
The Applications Developers will use their training and knowledge of industrial control system standards and all safety standards and codes to maintain a high level of professionalism that meets or exceeds all current national and regional requirements.
The Applications Developer responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Design, program, test and commission of automation instrumentation and control systems
• Prepare technical documents and design specifications for control systems and installations
• Write reports, operator manuals, procedures and qualification protocols
• Work within the defined schedule estimates
• Involvement in controls projects, programming, motion, communication systems, electrical design, vision systems, and robotic integration
• Manage project duties, specifying, creating and maintaining punch lists, attending review meetings and undertaking and / or giving internal training courses
• The design and development of database and interface applications that integrate our clients' control systems with our customer's production and data management systems
• The programming and combination of various automation technologies (robots, vision systems, PLCs, HMIs, etc.) into highly integrated systems
• Working with project management colleagues to ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget and to the highest levels of safety and quality
• Travel to commission and support systems at customer facilities
Submit you resume electronically to: