Service Technician-Controls Specialist
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the successful candidate will provide technical support and troubleshooting for RMT robotic systems at customer facilities across North America and beyond. The Controls Specialist will work closely with the RMT Systems Integration group to ensure his/her skills and knowledge remain up-to-date with RMT’s newest systems as a well as gaining a broader understanding of existing systems.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide 24/7 telephone/software support for existing customers
- Provide training on systems purchased by RMT customers
- Provide software solutions for our customers through system troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Analyze, design, program, debug, commission, support & service robotic software and systems according to specifications and customer requirements
- Provide enhanced system functionality as requested by the customer.
Extensive travel is a requirement for this position
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Electrical, Controls or Software Engineering diploma/degree
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of basic robot operations, including mechanical, electrical, and software integration in an industrial environment
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in developing PC and PLC based automation software and integrating automation technologies.
- Experience programming machine controls, databases and Human Machine Interfaces.